I'm writing a book about the healing of my long term depression though a massive change in consciousness, and am now promoting it by way of the Next Top Spiritual Author competition. In rounds one and two the book will be judged almost entirely on popular vote, based on people viewing my book pitch video, so if you'd like to support my effort in facilitating healing and bringing about more of this consciousness change in the world, please go to www.NextTopAuthor.com and enter the author code 2068. If any of what you hear resonates with you, please cast your vote, and tell your friends/family/colleagues/whoever!! I'll be using the blog and Twitter to give updates on what's happening, so you know where to find me! Thank you very much for your support :-)

Friday 30 April 2010

It's Friday, 30th April, and I have a bit of news to share: I was on Radio Oxford yesterday talking about my life and my book. I'd been told the show would be broadcast today, but for some reason it went out a day early. So now anyone interested can listen again through their iplayer. Go to www.bbc.co.uk/radioOxford, and click on the picture of Jo Thoenes. The option to listen to yesterday's show should come straight up, and my piece is on one hour, thirteen minutes into the start of the show. It lasts for something over twenty minutes, with a break in the middle for travel news and a song (Bruce Springsteen's 'Dancing in the Dark' - love it!! :-)
Hopefully, being on the show should give my votes a boost - in any case, it's been great to have the chance to talk about all this stuff about depression and healing through consciousness change. Not a subject I find being discussed very much in the media at all, so the fact that they wanted me on the show feels like a very positive sign! (A change in consciousness, maybe? :-)
There are a few competition updates to share too - will update this later as now I have to go and actually make some progress on the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment