I'm writing a book about the healing of my long term depression though a massive change in consciousness, and am now promoting it by way of the Next Top Spiritual Author competition. In rounds one and two the book will be judged almost entirely on popular vote, based on people viewing my book pitch video, so if you'd like to support my effort in facilitating healing and bringing about more of this consciousness change in the world, please go to www.NextTopAuthor.com and enter the author code 2068. If any of what you hear resonates with you, please cast your vote, and tell your friends/family/colleagues/whoever!! I'll be using the blog and Twitter to give updates on what's happening, so you know where to find me! Thank you very much for your support :-)

Friday 9 April 2010

It's 23:32 on Friday 9th, and I just sent my first ever 'send-to-all' email, something I swore I would never ever do, as I despise their faceless impersonal 'you, the receiver, are a mere satellite and I, the sender, am such a shiny Star' energy so much.
Does this mean I'm sacrificing closely held personal values and principles in order to claw my way to the dizzying heights of Round Two in the Top Author competition?? It's a moot point; meanwhile today it was just the 'm's: the 'a's, 'b's, 'c's and all the other lists under the remaining letters are still beckoning to me behind the curtain of tomorrow...
Not easy, this self-promotion lark, I must say.
Still, I always find it interesting and valuable to experience, even if only temporarily, the world from a new point of view - and now I know what you seasoned bloggers, twitters, senders of 'send-to-alls', and media courting self-promoters feel like. Ha.
Truth is, it doesn't feel so bad, once it's you doing it - is this like it being easier to love your own children than the brats at number 32? :-)
Oh and by the way, I'm not (yet) in the top 150 of the 'vote-getters' - so switch off your tellies, log on and go in and vote for me you slackers, otherwise all of this selling out will have been for nothing!!!
(D'you think the stress is maybe getting to me a bit?)

No comments:

Post a Comment